Oodles of Boodles

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I heard it in a meeting.......

There once was a man and his boy that lived in a village in somewheresville.
This man had a fine horse that one day ran away.
The news spread in the village and many commented "Oh how awful this is. You must be devestated."
The man calmly said "I do not know if this is good or bad but I know that it just is."
A week later the horse came back and the reason for its leaving became apparent upon the arrival or 7 mares that came following after. The villagers cried "Wow, what good fortune! This is a very good thing!!!"
The man calmly said "I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing but I know that it just is."
One day the man's son was riding one of the mares and the horse reared and off tumbled the son who sustained long lasting, serious injuries to his foot and ankle.
Again the villagers expressed their opinion, "This is awful for you. You must feel very discouraged".
The man said his usual response..."I don't know if this is a bad thing or a good thing but I just know that it 'is'.
Weeks later war broke out in their country and all young men were called; except the mans son. Ah, well, we know what the villagers said.
And we know what the man said.
I wonder who had more peace?
The moral of the story?
We are not to judge the circumstances or events of our lives.
But calmly trust that what is, is.....for a reason.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Jacob said…

    That is a good story... it made me think of Man from Snowy River! Haha. I know that has nothing to do with the point of the story, but... yeah.

    This also reminds me of a conversation in the Century 21 parking lot several years back. (wink). I'm a little wiser since then. Hmm.

    "Grab your coat and get your hat! Leave your worries at the doorstep. Just direct your feet to the sunny side of the street." It's been stuck in my head all week. Ugh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home