Oodles of Boodles

Friday, October 28, 2005

Good Question

I have been challenged just lately with the comment that
"whatever you imagine you need to do to get God's love and pleasure is the very thing you will expect of others." (They will need to do the same things to please
you and God.) I guess that is what was meant by what I heard.

So, I've been thinking.......OH NO! dangerous thing.
My husband can tell you.

I have a hard time with this thought.
I have asked myself over and over what it is I think I have to do to earn God's love.
I know for sure that I feel loved by Him when He is paying me special attention.
I love to get God's attention. Hmm...By being bad?
Getting myself into a fix that only he can make right? Hmmm...
The speaker said that he needed to be good at sports to earn his Daddy's appoval.
So as an adult it was basically anything he did well and earned man's attention was getting attention from God. He measured his performance.
I think we all do this from habit somewhat. No matter the motive.
But I know there lurks inside a secret way I have of getting Gods approval.

Soooo if my childhood was fraught with abuse for the slightest infractions and otherwise basic invisibility.....
And we are known to view God like our earthly father.......
I would say that I must need to behave impeccably and be stunningly noticable.
But do I really think that makes God pleased?
Maybe.
And do I need my significant others to behave this way too?
I asked it of my children. Hmmm........
I may be on to something.
What do you do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home