Oodles of Boodles

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Just for today

There is much to be grateful for and I am grateful.
I am moved to heights of thankfulness to God for allowing me moments today of hope and joy and beauty.
My ever present mistake has been believing that such moments were my right and should be my constant companions.
Among them, comfort, security, happiness.
Lord you are the author of such beauty as to make my heart sing and rejoice to behold the sights and sounds of it.
What a privilege to watch chickens lay eggs.
See quail eat along side doves and listen to their titters and mournful cries;
See hummingbirds and butterflies flutter around me and bees gathering from blossom laden fruit trees.
How regal the deer crossing the lower pasture in a spread out gathering of five and six heading to the waters.
Yellow birds, woodpeckers, chickadees, red robins and pheasants, eagles, hawks, and wild turkeys; common sights on our land or in the sky.
Racoons, coyotes, muskrat, skunk and porcupine gracing us with an occassional visit.
Ducks and geese and grey herring dwelling below us in noisy mating ritual.
Sometimes in hush I hear crickets and frogs.
Best of all my kittens who play to the tune of my heart strings and create laughter for my soul.
Todd who is a clown and a child like my beloved husband.
Cody who is a loyal and jealous creature like myself.
Sugar Bear, my fading queen of queenslands who's eyes dim but stay ever so bright with love and eager joy for her two undeserving masters.
But finally, my handsome beloved; blonde & tan and strong and........here.
Always here...........this close to my greatest desire in life and a want that shall never die.
So, here now I thank you again God.
May I not forget.
Please help me to honor you always and in all ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home