Oodles of Boodles

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Mortality

Today my mother is undergoing heart surgery.
I am not too anxious about it but the emotions are slippery so when I least expect it I imagine her not making it through and I get a big golf ball in my throat and a tear or two will slide down my cheek.

There is no one in this life who will take her place.
Not now. Not ever.
No one has ever loved me as well as she.
Probably no one ever will.

She has been an angel on earth.
A bulwark against evil and lonliness.
The master of acceptance and forgiveness.
I need another 20 years with her......OK God?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger tsduff said…

    I know how you feel.

    Nice shot of your Mom - and I'm glad she made it through her adventures, both before the surgery and after :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home