Oodles of Boodles

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Oh Brother Where Art Thou

This is not a blog with profound insights. Advice is NOT welcome.
However, I want to say.......have to say.........
On this beautiful and lonely day.......
Where are my loved ones?

Some people are unfortunate in the way of family and have none.
Some people in the way they cannot get along with their families.
My situation is that for whatever reason our family members choose to be somewhere
else; Always,
Like a disease of restlessness or maybe they think it imperative destiny.
Almost as though they search for profundity in their lives to account for themselves.

But wait! I am the poor sick one who has no goals for great "Service to God" and
wishes only to sit at the family circle.
Cursed melancholy am I who longs for the smiles and embraces of my brothers and sisters and children.
I feel sure I will never know another time of friendship with either of my brothers
this side of heaven.
I mourn for them like they were dead.
And my children?
Maybe they will come back to me someday;
children of their own in tow.
For this I pray.

Sounds like self pity doesn't it?
Maybe, but I don't dwell on this.
From time to time the lonliness and grief sweeps over me and I cry the tears
of one who is bereft.
This is the reality of life sometimes.
I came from a large family and had a large family and its fact that everyone is gone.
This is a painful time in my life.
I thank God for my mother and step father in my life right now.
They truly are my best friends.

What a hot topic this could be for judgement and morality.
Who will rob me of my right to grieve?

4 Comments:

  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think Ill sign up for that job by simply saying that Im SO looking forward to seeing you this weekend, and even though Im not family, Im bringing some with me! :-)

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger tsduff said…

    Becky - if you see that errant eldest sister of yours, please tell her to call me. I did call the number you gave me - left a message or two, but she has not returned my calls. I just wanted to send her a birthday card. Give her my love.
    Love Terry

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger rakethetable said…

    Time marches on and so we must follow

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger tsduff said…

    Tell Christine happy big 50 birthday for me. She never called me back with her address.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home