Oodles of Boodles

Sunday, September 18, 2005

For the sake of argument

I have always thought how much fun it would be to argue with someone for the sake of venting and releasing emotions.
It could be an art.
One that does not threaten the other involved party.
If you had the safety zone of no name calling or raging tyrades it could even be rather useful.
But you cannot argue with a truly angry person.
You will be devoured.
All equilibrium is lost and all equality lost.
The angry one must defend their stance at all costs including their own detriment
and loss, not to mention the total anhialation of the other ones self esteem.
What is anger but a big giant facade for a big giant fear that is bigger than love
and bigger than the person themselves.
Their insecurity owns them.
I am afraid of angry people.
My biggest fault? Withdrawal.
But give me a chance to argue in safety and I would be fair and gentle and sharp
and witty and challenging and it could be really OK. I theorize.
Maybe there is no such thing since I have only experienced it once.
But it was fun.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Becky,

    I always found you safe to argue with because you fought fair. Never hitting below the belt or and you never went after my insecurities. But then again I think I treated you that way too. Ah, to be young and in love. Have you guessed who this is yet?

    Yeah it is the handsome young man in the wheelchair you fell in love with 20 years ago. Glad to see you are writing, Love Don

     
  • At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am afraid of angry people, too. I guess it's because Dad was so angry much of the time in his dealings with us. But I am learning how do deal with people who are angry and try to withstand the "blows" until we can get to the real issues. Sometimes it is really worth the fight if you can get through long enough to reach the real truth of what's wrong. But if I don't feel strong enough to handle it, I just shrink away as fast as I can. I hate anger. "The anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God."

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger Becky Nelson said…

    Hi Don,

    Tis True.
    Thanks for fighting fair.
    Wait, did we fight?
    Hmm..
    I'm really glad you commented.

    Love Becky

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Blogger Becky Nelson said…

    David you are a delight to hear from. Thanks for the honesty in relating. You are right, Sometimes it is worth the fight or "process of resolution" (since there are times a fight is just not allowed, or argument until the blows are over).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home