Oodles of Boodles

Monday, September 12, 2005

Fall

No doubt about it! Fall IS my favorite season.
My love for it is deep. Heaven will have trees that are alive with colors unimaginable. And we will all have to wear cozy sweaters.

Quivering, sailing, dancing to a music no one can
hear but the wind, the leaves take flight from
their trusted boughs.

Snapping, sparkling, nipping, the air consumes
summer's fading warmth
and takes hold of fertile earth.

Unsuspectingly, greedily, teasingly the wind cuts
through the air and takes up my billowing skirts
and then blinds me with my own flowing hair.

Softly, gently, graciously slipping into the sky,
pillows of plush white cotton bolls hover over all
changing hues of golds, reds, greens and browns.

Passionately, jealously, tightly the fingers of fall
grip my heart
and all senses come alive under his touch.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jacob said…

    Beautiful are your words! I cannot decide whether I prefer Autumn's herald of winter, or the actual winter season. It is a close call. But indeed, "all senses come alive under (autumn's) touch."

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Becky Nelson said…

    Thanks Jake.
    You sure are thoughtful.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger tsduff said…

    Very nice Becky. Nice to see your words and reflections. You know, I hardly recognize you from your picture, you look great!

    I have a blog - you can check it out if you like. My life has done a complete turnaround from what it was a year ago. It is good. I'm truly happy.

    Love Terry

     
  • At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, how I miss the Autumn season!! I remember standing on the third floor porch of my house in Pennsylvania in late September and a breeze would blow. I could smell the fall coming! It was a definite, real change in the air that was unmistakable. I would just stand there and soak it in with such delight. I love delights. Such a sensual person - a blessing and a curse.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home